“Tell a future generation the praise of the Lord, His might,
and the wonderful works He has performed.”
– Psalm 78:4 –
Spiritual development of children is a priority at Cedar Creek, as they are the legacy we leave. We believe that their spiritual development is a partnership between us and your family. We want to lead children and families into a growing relationship with Jesus. We invite you to visit us this weekend and make friends in a safe and fun environment! Here is some information to keep in mind:
- Children must be checked IN at at the Children’s Ministry Kiosk, located just off the main entrance.
- ALL Children’s Ministry volunteers undergo a background check to ensure the safety of our children.
- You can download the Parent Cue App to keep up with what your children are learning! Check it out HERE.
We are so excited to meet with your children!
The Clubhouse (Infants through Pre-K)
In this gathering for children, Infants through Pre-K, your kiddos will join volunteers for a time of play and socially distanced learning. Each week children will experience a Bible story and songs through an energetic video, featuring our beloved owl friend, Ollie. This same Bible story will be told in a different way through small groups, when we reach a phase of re-opening that allows us to do so. The Clubhouse will meet in the former Crew room. During our first phase of re-opening, infants and one-year old children will have a space in this room. However, as things progress, we do plan for infants and one-year-olds to return to a room in the childcare hallway. Masks are not required for children in the Clubhouse, but they are recommended if your child is able to wear one. Masks will be required for volunteers when social distancing is not possible.
The Crew (Kindergarten through 5th Grade)
This gathering will now serve children in Kindergarten through 5th Grade! During this time of high energy worship, children will engage in a Bible story, songs, memory work, and games. This same Bible story will be told in a different way through small groups, when we reach a phase of re-opening that allows us to do so. The Crew will meet in the Chapel. Masks will be required for this age group when social distancing is not possible, unless children are unable to do so because of medical reasons. When children are on their carpet circle, they may take their masks off (these circles are spaced 6ft apart). Masks will be required for volunteers when social distancing is not possible.
Safety Guidelines for The Clubhouse and The Crew
With the safety of our volunteers and children in mind, please be sure to follow the following guidelines when bringing your children.
- Children, kindergarten through 5th grade, and volunteers should wear a mask when social distancing is not possible (unless unable to do so because of medical reasons). Please be sure to label your child’s mask with their first and last name.
- Children and volunteers will have their temperature taken prior to entering children’s areas.
- Children, volunteers, and parents will practice “clean hands in, clean hands out” procedures by sanitizing hands before entering children’s areas and upon leaving children’s areas.
- Children, volunteers, and parents should not enter the church building if exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. (fever, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.).
- Children should avoid bringing personal toys or items (other than diaper bags). Please leave coats and toys at the coat rack in the commons area.
Our ability to move forward with these plans will be dependent on how things progress with COVID-19, as well as how things progress in our community. If there are any upcoming changes, we will notify you on Facebook. Please be sure you have joined the Facebook group, “The Crew and Clubhouse Parents” (formerly The Crew Parents – if you were previously a member, you do not need to worry about joining again).
If you are not comfortable sending your children to children’s ministry programming at this time, please feel free to continue bringing your children into the gym during adult service. If that is not possible, please feel free to join us online. Please also be sure to check out the Parent Cue App, which will share our weekly Bible story, memory verse, and nuggets of wisdom. Feel free to also visit www.theparentcue.org for timely resources that are so helpful in this parenting journey. We are so thankful for these different options and resources, and we truly embrace them all.